A   B   C   D   E   F   G   H   I   J   K   L   M   N   O   P   Q   R   S   T   U   V   W   X   Y   Z


Preferred over the term rush when referring to the fraternity and sorority community. 

Regents Center

An administrative and academic building on the Edwards Campus. The address is 12600 Quivira Road, Overland Park. 

Regents, Kansas Board of

See Kansas Board of Regents.

Regnier Hall

Victor & Helen Regnier Hall, a building on the Edwards Campus in Overland Park. Regnier Hall acceptable on all references. Pronounced reh-NEER. 

religious titles

For faculty members who are also clergy, the academic title supersedes. If relevant, note in the story that the faculty member is clergy. See the AP entry on religious titles for non-faculty titles.

Research Studies, Office of

Formerly part of Research & Graduate Studies. The Office of Graduate Studies is now separate.

The Office of the Vice Chancellor for Research & Graduate Studies is now the Office of the Vice Chancellor for Research.

residence halls

KU has residence halls, not dormitories. On first reference Ellsworth Hall; on second reference, Ellsworth.
Corbin and Gertrude Sellards Pearson halls are often referred to in conjunction as GSP-Corbin. Corbin is the only residence hall that is women-only. The Campus Buildings Directory is the authority for building names.

 (Naismith Hall is a privately owned, off-campus residence hall.)

Rhodes scholarships, Rhodes scholars

Rhodes scholarships are funded by the Rhodes Trust and selected in the United States by state and district committees.

Rieger Hall

Women's scholarship hall. (Pronounced REE-ger) 

Rock Chalk Chant

rooms, room numbers

Don't use the word room before a number and building name when context makes it clear that the reference is to a room number: The speech is at 8 p.m. Monday, Oct. 15, in 4019 Wescoe Hall.